Who are we?
The Recycling Stall is run by Red Gables and Supported by Stowmarket Eco Future Group
What can I bring to the Stowmarket Eco Future Group to recycle?
- NEW! Pods from Nespresso, Nescafé Dolce Gusto and Tassimo.
- Dry pet food and dog treat bags, wet food pet pouches….empty, clean and dry.
- Plastic toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, toothbrush heads, floss containers.
- Cheese wrappers and cheese nets,
- Pens, felt tips. highlighters, markers, correction pot fluids, correction tape, mechanical pencil and eraser pen.
- Crisp Packets (flattened please)
- Clean Tetra Pack/Cartons
Tesco and Co-op now have soft plastic recycling facilities outside their stores.
How can I reduce my plastic use?
- Choose pet food in tin cans over plastic pouches.
- Try Bamboo toothbrushes and toothpaste tablets
- Use biodegradable pens.
- Choose refills using “Choose Refills” on market or Bonitas on Tavern St.
- Use reusable, washable cloths instead of plastic wet wipes.
- Use a reusable water bottle and drinks container.
- Use food wraps instead of clingfilm.
- Use plastic free soluble cleaning sachets instead of buying cleaning products in plastic bottles.
- Choose plastic free clothing not polyester…use a Guppy Bag or Coraball to help collect microfibres that shed from your clothes during washing.